Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am installing a UCVM36FS unit with a VTR1030D outside unit.

Customer Question

I am installing a UCVM36FS unit with a VTR1030D outside unit. The UCVM has a 120 volt plug, pluged it into outlet in base cabinet. The unit will go up and down fine. Unit also has a remote blower pigtail. On the installation manual it shows running that wire to a junction box,with conduit to the outside remote blower. The outside blower is wired with a pigtail also. My question is , does the 120 volt power for the outside unit run directly to the pigtail on the outside unit or does it run into the junction box under the cabinet. I saw no place on the outside unit for a 120 volt feed. The wiring for the speed controls in the outside pigtail do not look like they are heavy enough gauge wiring to run the fans. I would like to see a wiring diagram for the inside of the junction box.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The outside unit will need its own outlet. The wiring from the inside unit is for the control of the motor speed.