Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Airlux portable air conditioner. E5 displayed , water level

Customer Question

Airlux portable air conditioner. E5 displayed , water level high. I pressed swing and timer and held for 2or more seconds but didn't drain . What's my next step ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the drain pump may have issues if it is not draining. Do you hear the pump turn on when you press and hold the two buttons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No... Nothing happens ... I guess I could drain it manually like I would for winter storage , but that's a pain.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do you hear a click at the control, like a relay closing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , a ding dong , which before it would start draining after that . Now , just the ding dong
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if you manually drain it, will it start working again or still show the full message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I drained it manually, it worked for a minute and then showed full again ... E5 displayed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I actually drained it .... I undid the tap at the bottom that I would drain for winter storage and about 4 cups of water came out ... Can I drain it manually without any other attachments ?