Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Bob. Whirlpool Quiet Partner iii Clean light blinks 7

Customer Question

Hello Bob. Whirlpool Quiet Partner iii Clean light blinks 7 times.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. This code normally occurs if there was a water heating fault. We can reset it in diagnostics and it will run again. If there is a real problem it will happen again but it should run at least a few cycles. Are you near the dishwasher and ready to give this a try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I just hit Normal/Heated Dry a few times and it started running. I can hit Cancel and start again.
Sounds like you may have got it but here is the procedure starting with everything off.To start diagnostics, press the following keys in order in less than 6 secondsHeated dry, Normal, Heated dry, NormalTo rapid advance one interval at a time, press the Start key. When you get to the end your DW will operate again. If there really is a problem in the heat circuit the clean light may begin to blink again after you use it a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's probably doing what it did before when we replaced the control unit. Sears just sent a replacement and it is probably going to the same thing.Got your answer. Thanks. At least I can wash a load now.
So you are able run a load and it is filling and draining properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be working fine now. But this is exactly what it did the first time I replaced the control unit. I think you are correct in that it will work a few times and then the Clean light will start blinking 7 times again. What will I do then?
.
Sorry for the late reply as I missed your follow up question.If the clean light starts to flash again you need to check the heating element or safety thermostat. Something is preventing the water from heating. You can keep doing the reset but with cool water the dishes might not get as clean as they should. Let me know what happens.