Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Front washer will not fill very much with water on washer

Customer Question

front washer will not fill very much with water on washer cycle gives lf code but will on the rince,drain and spin cycle replaced the motor pcb, checked the water values and both are very clear of debris what could be the problem before i scrape this three
year old washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The washer knows it's not getting enough water because the LF error is appearing which means that the lack of water entering is being recognized. That means all sensors on the washer are working properly. Unfortunately that means that you either have bad water pressure to the washer or one of the solenoids on the valve is restricting the water flow more than it should. You said you cleared all the debris in the screens so if that is correct and you're sure you have good water pressure to the washer, you need to replace the water valve assembly itself because one of the solenoids (most likely the hot water since it's not used during rinse) is restricting the water flow. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?