John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool Custom series frig Model number ET18JMXSN06

Customer Question

Hi I have a Whirlpool Custom series frig Model number ET18JMXSN06 that has been getting warmer and warmer in the lower food compartment. We have turned the temp control as far as it will go now and it still is not getting really cold. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot or fix this type of problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Have you started to notice frost forming on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have not noticed any frost forming on the rear wall.
Here is what a tech would do to confirm the system is working properly. Remove the back wall in the freezer section so you can see the cooling tubing. There should be a thin film of frost on all the coils. Only frost on part of the coils and the rest being dry indicates a refrigerant gas leak. Also can you feel air blowing into the refrig section?
Do you still need help? Were you able to remove the rear wall of the freezer to view the evaporator?