John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher, the start resume light starts

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid dishwasher, the start resume light starts and continues to blink. I followed some troubleshooting tips and replaced the control board, same problem. I tried to reset it by using the two button sequence and after the third time all the lights come on and stay on, nothing else happens
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already replaced the control board, the original part number was(###) ###-#### The new part number I installed is W10084141
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Can you do anything when the start button is blinking? Can you change and select different cycles and options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any cycle I choose the same thing happens, when I press start the start button starts flashing and stays flashing until I press cancel. I did the reset sequence and after alternating between the sani rinse and heat dry buttons twice, all the lights come on and stay on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same results if I try the reset sequence using the high temp scrub and sani rinse buttons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tyler, still there?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
I see the last person has opted out of your question!My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Can I get the units model number from you to better assist you?The blinking start button tells you that you have a stuck key on the console
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately it does not say in the manual and there are no visible numbers I can see. The appliance has the keypad flush on the top of the door with 3 cycle buttons and 4 option buttons along with the cancel and start. The unit is about 7 years old. I click on each button and it lights up, I click it again and it goes off. Also I ran a recommended test where I unplugged the keypad console by disconnecting the ribbon cable from the control board. According to the technical tip, the drain motor (or perhaps another motor) should have started within 10 seconds and ran for 2 minutes. Again, nothing happens which removes the console from the equation according to the tip.
if you open the door the model /serial tag is either on the right face frame of the tank or the right side of the inner door.And if you have a stuck keypad and disconnect the ribbon connector . you then have to unplug the unit and plug it back in thus rebooting the control from that stuck keypad ,then see if it start to run.If not it is the keypad /console
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll get you those numbers shortly, I have to call my wife at home.
I turned the breaker off before disconnecting the ribbon cable, then powered the unit back with the cable unplugged. All the keys were off as expected but my understanding is that when the unit reboots you will hear one of the motors turn on after 10 seconds and run for 2 minutes, that doesn't happen. I also tried the key sequence to start the diagnostic routine, after pressing both buttons twice (alternating between them) all the lights light up and stay on until I hit cancel. It does not run thru the normal diagnostic routine is supposed to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any chance it could be the thermal fuse. I already replaced the control board but I kept the same thermal fuse.
no rebooting the control does NOT turn anything on!and I can not say if it is the fuse or not since I do not have a model number I have no idea which of the thousands of different model of Kitchen aid dishwasher that are still out there in homes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, understood. I'll get the model number shortly.
no problem!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All we see are two sets of numbers, hope this helps.(###) ###-####(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The manual says(###) ###-####
none are a god kitchen aid number . open the door it will be on the face frame of the tank on the right side.and would look something like KUDS24 SEABL1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no numbers on the inside of the door except the ones I provided you. Please note this is an undercounter dishwasher purchased 8 or 9 years ago. I don't know if their model numbers were different back then but you even download the manual online, see below:
KitchenAid(###) ###-####Dishwasher User Manual
http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/kitchenaid/8573157.html?p=10
I`m going to opt out because with out a model number the manufacture can not provide any information on the unit their data base is designed souly off model numbers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model No. KUD102FRSS1