Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dryer only works in wrinkle guard mode. I have tested

Customer Question

Hi, my dryer only works in wrinkle guard mode. I have tested the continuity of the door switch, start switch, wrinkle guard switch, and the drum switch (belt tension switch). If I try to start it during a normal drying cycle, I hear the timer, but it doesn't start. If I have it in the wrinkle guard part of the cycle, it starts up. From what I can tell this is a problem with the timer but it is brand new today and still having issues, could it be a temperature switch or a short in the heating element? It's a GE model DWSR483EG8WW ser rr733236a.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue is with welded contacts in the motor start switch. The motor will probably need to be replaced. It may also be a wiring issue. Are the wiring connections and terminals tight and not shorted anywhere to ground or another connector?