Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My wash machine stopped working it is full of water and I don't

Customer Question

my wash machine stopped working it is full of water and I don't hear the timer running
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you raise and lower the lid, do you hear the lid switch clicking? Lift the lid and inspect the left side hinge, is it tight to the lid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is tight and I hear it making a noise not an exact click
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you put the machine on a spin setting and close the lid, then press down and back on the left corner of the lid, please? Does the machine start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still doesn't do anything
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, do you have a meter to test continuity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have a meter but don't remember what setting is for continuity?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, you can use one of the R x settings, or a horseshoe symbol, depending on the meter. The lid switch is shown as number 8 in the diagram at the link below. It is accessed by sliding a putty knife in under each end cap of the timer console to release the spring clips. Once released, the entire console will hinge up and allow access to that switch. With the lid closed and machine unplugged, the meter should move or zero out (depending on meter) when the meter leads are touched to the lid switch terminals. Let me know what happens. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to release the clips are they right behind the face plate?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, right under the end caps. The clips are shown as number 3 in the diagram below. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got the console loose when I touch the meter leads when on the ohm setting the meter does move at all
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
When you touch the meter leads to each other or to the switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I touch the switch it doesn't move, when I touch the leads together it moves
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! You have figured out the problem, the lid switch is faulty. Nice work! The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!