John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool Super Capacity 465 stove, the oven lights

Customer Question

i have a whirlpool Super Capacity 465 stove, the oven lights but shuts its self off, the broiler works, the burners work. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Whirlpool has a service pointer on this very issue.their recommendations is to replace the bake burner they have redesigned the burner and the igniter bracket.here is a link to the part .http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b5p13/Whirlpool-Range-Stove-Oven-Burner-Tube/9758078/1028843?modelNumber=SF368LEPS0&ss=a13b5c20d655251&mr=1?rcaid=1000070 If you have any questions just reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should we purchase the igniter the thermal coupler? Are they the same unit?
a igniter and a thermocouple are different .no all you need to do is replace the burner take the igniter off the old burner and install it on the new burner and you should be fine from there.