Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refridgerator model #gsh25sgre ss the water is not coming

Customer Question

my refridgerator model #gsh25sgre ss the water is not coming out enough to make ice how do we adjust the water level??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The icemaker is designed to cycle up to 3 times depending on the sensor in the icemaker itself if it determines there isn't enough water in the first cycle. You can't adjust the water to the icemaker so something must be wrong. Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. Now in the case where the icemaker cycles but it doesn't fill up with enough water (although it still fills), something is going on with your water supply so you could have a bad water valve or poor water pressure coming from your house. If you already know you have bad water pressure coming from your house because the water dispenser doesn't dispense quickly, then you'll want to replace the icemaker because it's not cycling 3 times to make sure that the icemaker fills with enough water to make a batch of ice. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?