Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a subzero 736tc. Overall problem is thermostat is set

Customer Question

I have a subzero 736tc. Overall problem is thermostat is set at -5. It never reached that. Although lots of frost over the vents. I've read your thread about it freezing up. Ive defrosted it completely. Now... The fan seems to be the problem. It won't turn on at all.
Is that automatically a replace scenario? It so, is it somewhat easy procedure? And where should I order the part?
If not...what other steps can I take to troubleshoot.
Thanks,
Observatory Matt
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Strike that. Now The fan does work. Strange. I will give it a few to see if temp drops.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be working now. But I'm glad I finally signed up for this service. !
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fan is wire din series with the defrost thermostat. It won't come on to circulate air until the evaporator coil gets cold enough to close the thermostat. That way no warm air is circulated. Let me know if it hangs up again!