Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Im working on a Samsung model# ***** The freezer side

Customer Question

Im working on a Samsung model# ***** The freezer side is fine but the refrigerator side is not cooling. It was unplugged for a day or two then plugged back in. It started working for awhile but then went back to not cooling. I pulled off the back wall and found the evaporator to be covered in heavy frost but not ice and it wasn't even. I followed the wires coming from my evaporator fan and used my voltage tester to see if I had power going to the fan. According to my voltage tester Im getting power to the fan but no fan. Do I have a bad fan is that accurate?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that would be correct. When the fan stops running the frost will build up thicker on the top part of the evaporator. If the fan has voltage and is not coming on, replace the fan motor because it's shorted. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the evaporator fan motor and the control board. After 2 days the refrigerator side stop cooling again. The customer says it says 35 on the drawer readout and 60 on the outside display. Freezer still working.