John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My refrigerator was purchased from a local dealer in Aug. 2014.

Customer Question

My refrigerator was purchased from a local dealer in Aug. 2014. The icemaker has not worked right since. It doesn't stop making ice when it is full--the arm doesn't raise by itself & periodically (every couple weeks) the whole outside of the basket frosts over solidly. I have never had a refrig. that did this. It eventually melts, but something must not be working rite to do this. Please give me some advice--I haven't contacted the dealer yet. Thank you for any help you can give me
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
Most likely the arm is not fully inserted in the hole where it connects to housing part of the ice maker. Try pulling it out and re inserting it. If this doesn't help - have the dealer replace the icemaker before the warranty runs out in AUG 2015