Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

How do I calibrate the oven thermostat of my IME28300

Customer Question

Hi!
How do I calibrate the oven thermostat of my IME28300 range?
Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JAMy name is ***** ***** be glad to assist you today.I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.The only way to adjust this manual thermostat is to remove the thermostat knob and with a thin flat bladed screw driver . you can then adjust the temperature through the small hole in the center of the hollow thermostat shaft.I have even made a tool out of a wire clothes hanger and filled the end of the hanger wire down into a flat tipped screw driver before.but that is the only adjustment on the thermostat and that adjustment is no more +- 50 degrees so if the thermostat is off by more then that you will need to replace the entire thermostat.Here is a link to the part if you do need it.http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Thermostat/8190613/1027493?rcaid=1000070If you have any questions just reply back.