Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE Refrigerator Model PDS22MIWABBHave a problem with the

Customer Question

GE Refrigerator Model PDS22MIWABB
Have a problem with the freezer temperature during daytime has range of 11 -13 degrees F while at night it goes to 4 to 7 degree F range.(Stared about two weeks ago)
The refrigerator section has normal temperature of 37 degrees.
The food in both sections feels cold.
Is it poossible the refrigerent pressure is low?
Would appreciate your comments. Thank you.
John Balko /GE retireee
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's possibly you're low on freon, but before you do anything you'll wan to pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel. Make sure the fan back by the compressor is running and if not, replace it or remove the blockage. Clean the coils next to the fan so the compressor and cool down properly. If that all checks good and it still won't cool properly after 24 hours, then you'll need a technician to come out and check the freon pressure to see if you have a freon leak. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.