John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Good morning sir. I too have the dreaded F35 and Suds error

Customer Question

Good morning sir. I too have the dreaded F35 and Suds error codes on my Whirlpool Duet Steam Washer. I tried fixing my self, had the Whirlpool recommended tech come out 3 times and he couldn't fix it. Ihave been dealing with this issue for about a month, and my wife has had it. So have I.
Here's what we have done: Replaced the analog pressure switch, blown on the tube to it (it's clear), opened the drain filter (it's clear), replaced the MCU, changed the capacitors in the CCU, replaced the drain pump (at the recommendation of Whirlpool specialist), checked steam system (it is in working order). I have a CCU on order but have no faith this will solve the problem.
Basically, in Self diagnostic mode, as the water starts to fill at C:00, the SUDS error comes on and never goes away. I can fill you in on more details if you want. Help please. What now? Thanks in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.Have you or anyone else tested the flow meter on the fill tube to the dispenser ,that is what also gives you the F35 /suds error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not to my knowledge. Tell me more please.
ok you will need to remove the washer top and then remove the flow valve and with a volt -ohm meter you will need to test resistance of the flow meter sensor while gentility blowing through the flow meter.when gentility blowing through it you will have resistance and loose it have resistance and loose it .If it is constant resistance or no resistance at all then the flow meter is faulty.If you have a volt - Ohm meter test it and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure, is the flow valve the white device in the center of the attached picture?
yes the part that is white and has the blue wires going to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. I have a good friend who is an EE who can help me. It might take a day or two. I'll be back in touch with the results. I pray this fixes it! Thank you.
ok no problem ,just reply back when you can. I`m normally on line from 10:30 am till 5 pm est Monday thru Saturday