Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler We have a 2-3 year old LG model WT5170HW. The

Customer Question

Hi Tyler
We have a 2-3 year old LG model
WT5170HW.
The other day it was stuck in the rinse cycle and continues filling the washer with water. Almost 1/3 of the tub was full of water and we were washing a small load of nylon sports clothes. We finally unplugged it and after about 10 seconds of making unusual noise it stopped and after plugging it back in the spin cycle finally started.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the tub stopped filling when you unplugged the washer, then your valve wasn't sticking open. That means your pressure switch wasn't reading the water level properly. You'll want to take the washer apart, remove the top panel of the washer and locate the pressure switch. Disconnect the rubber hose from the pressure switch and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the pressure switch itself so below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for pressure switch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?