Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I AM ON MY SECOND PANASONIC COUNTER TOP MICROWAVE MODEL NN-H765BFX.

Customer Question

I AM ON MY SECOND PANASONIC COUNTER TOP MICROWAVE MODEL NN-H765BFX. ON BOTH AT ABOUT 15-18 MONTHS THEY START NOT RESPONDING TO PROGRAMMING. YOU CAN SLAP THE SIDE OF THE MICROWAVE ON THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE AND IT CLEARS UP THE PROBLEM BUT AS IT CONTINUES TO AGE THE PROBLEM IS MORE FREQUENT AND THE SLAP HAS TO BE MORE STROMGLY APPLIED......
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is just a problem with the logic in the board and hitting the the machine will jostle the electronics and possibly un-confuse the problem. But that entire display board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue more permanently. As a technician, Panasonic is one of the only microwave brands I don't recommend due to many electronic issues that they occur. That being said, you can replace the display board and the issue may re-occur after a few years again, or I would probably recommend replacing the unit and getting a Sharp microwave who tend to make the most reliable units on the market. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?