Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag gas dryer, Model LDG9334AAE, S.N. 16185888QM,

Customer Question

I have a Maytag gas dryer, Model LDG9334AAE, S.N. 16185888QM, converted to propane. Worked well, then I ran out of propane. Got tank filled, now what do I do to get it to heat. I turned on gas, then ran it a few minutes, but it didn't start heating. I think it has electronic ignition, I thought it would just start up.. Do I need to be bleed the gas line or something? Or just start it and let it run longer Does it have a pilot light to light?
Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You should just need to let the dryer run for 15+ minutes or so. You will need to purge the lines which occurs each time the dryer tries to heat. Right now there is air in the lines so just give it time to expel the air because each time it tries to light it will only flow gas for about 1-2 seconds before shutting the gas off because it didn't light.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried this 5 0r 6 times, and it did not work. Still no heat.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK does the igniter glow?