John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Mitsubishi wd73c10, water in between screens, got the front

Customer Question

Mitsubishi wd73c10, water in between screens, got the front off and laid down, all the screws out, but those 2 screens are glued together

at the top and bottom. Because the mounts for side and top rails stick out toward the inside of that screen frame, i cant just lift the assembly out...i already took those retaining rails out, just sayin.....seems like maybe outer screen comes off a different way? Or theres a trick to pulling it all out at once? Has only been an hour or two max, i want to save this until, please help quickly! I tip very well.         Update....i got the assembly out, theres only a l8ne 9f adhesive securing the two screens to each other at the very top. So right now i have  the two screens separated at the bott9m, with folded paper towels keepi g them separated, its drying. I didnt slide the paper towels, my hands were clean, no oils. So now i iust need to know proper procedure for continuing this process. Will they just dry out? Do i need to 'clean' them afterwards with microfiber or akything to prevent clouding or any adverse affects? Quite a bit of dust in the lower back area where components are, (just bought this tv), so i figure now would be a good time to clean that all out as well. All the water there stayed in front of the protective lip, looks like, i dont think it actually reached any components, basically just need to know best way to proc3ed. Ill still tip super well for whoever helps me with basic procedural stuff. NEED  Russell H.

Category: Appliance