Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My turntable on my GE space maker microwave has stopped tu

Customer Question

My turntable on my GE space maker microwave has stopped turning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If the microwave is still heating but the turntable has stopped, there are only a few things that can cause that condition. This means either the turntable motor itself has stripped out and failed, the coupler that connects the turntable motor to the turntable tray itself is stripped, or your turntable motor has failed. You'll need to uninstall the microwave and remove the bottom panel. Remove the turntable motor and turn the microwave on for 15 seconds to see if the turntable motor is still moving. If so, replace the coupler. If it's not moving then you need to test power to the turntable motor. If you have 120 volts and it's not moving, replace the turntable motor itself. If you dont't have 120 volts, you need a new display relay control board because it has failed and isn't sending power to the turntable motor.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?