Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Model PFS22SISBSS Fridge, and I've

Customer Question

Hello, I have a GE Profile Model PFS22SISBSS Fridge, and I've just read your instructions to Lary at http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/62hr2-ge-profile-refrigerator-model-pfs22sisbss-cooling.html#re.v/185/
I have a similar problem, fridge was in storage for 3 years, fired right up, freezer gets to 4 or 5 degrees and then stops cooling, shoots up to mid 40s. Fridge gets to 37 easy, but freezer can't get to zero and stay there.
Things to consider - when cleaning out the freezer part, I sprayed out crud with a hose, did I spray water up into a channel that freezes up and stops cool air from getting to the freezer?
I took off the back panel, lots of water under the cooling coils, but it is humid in NE today.
Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely related to the condenser fan not running and the compressor heating up and shutting off. When it is running, does the strip between the doors get pretty hot? Is the fan that is mounted by the compressor running?