Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

TRYING TO GET PARTS TO CONVERT MAYTAG RANGE MGR5770ADB FROM

Customer Question

TRYING TO GET PARTS TO CONVERT MAYTAG RANGE MGR5770ADB FROM NG TO PROPANE. IHAVE BEEN SENT 2 DIFFERENT ORIFICE KITS. THE DIMENSIONS OF THE ORIFICES DOES NOT NMATCH THE SIZES IN THE KIT. INSTR. CALLS FOR 1-.0350 AND 3-.0335ORIFICES FORNTHE TOP BURNERS. THE KIT CONTAINS 1-.0350, 3- .0380 AND TWO OTHERS WHICH AREEVEN LARGER. NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY THE INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT MATCH THE KIT. WHAT TO DO?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
What kit number did you order to convert to propane exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12002441 contained 6 orifices.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK that's the problem. That is not the conversion kit for this model. You need to order part number 5787M052-60 which comes with instructions as well as the orifices needed for this oven.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What sizes are included in the 5787MO52-60?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't say, the kit isn't that specific where it tells me what sizes the orifices are. What I can tell you is that is the kit you need to convert this unit over properly.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?