Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Im having a bit of an issue with my maytag dryer shutting off

Customer Question

Im having a bit of an issue with my maytag dryer shutting off after about 7 minutes of drying as though it has run hot or something. Ill reset the timer and push the start button only to hear a click noise. After about 30 or 40 minutes it will allow me to dry once again but only for an additional 7 or 8 minutes repeating the process. The dryer is a MEDX500BWO model and its less than a year old. There is no dust or lint covering the motor. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
yours truly,
Wet laundyry piling up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
This is a common issue with any model dryer but there is only 1 thing that can cause this problem and that is the main drive motor in the dryer. The motor overheats and trips the thermal cut out built into the motor which is why it won't start again until it cools down for 30-40 minutes. Either way, below is a link to the motor you'd need to order and replace to resolve this issue. CLICK HERE for motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?