John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool cabrio...2, maybe 3 years old...won't go

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio...2, maybe 3 years old...won't go into final spin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? open the lid the model /serial tag is under the lid at the rear of the opening.Are you seeing any error codes or flashing lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model...WTW7600XW0.....I get a UL error on the display
ok the error code of uL is displayed when the machine/motor control detects an off-balance load, and is steady on while the washer runs a mini-cycle to rebalance the load.➔ Display clears if mini-cycle successfully rebalanced the load.➔ If the mini-cycle is unsuccessful, uL will flash until the lid is opened, allowing the customer to view and redistribute the load.Have you tried running it with out clothing in it to see if you get the error code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, have ran w/out a load...always the same thing...stops on final spin
ok is it at any time banging or seems to be out of balance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope
ok if it does not sound as if it is out of balance,but gives you the UL error code.Are you able to open the washer up and remove the inner wash tub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hmmm, yeah, I can do that
ok then lets raise the cabinet top remove the agitator plate and remove the inner basket to see if you have any item of clothing between the inner basket and the outer tub ,this to can give the UL error code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran a diagnostics....I have an F2 error message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the control board? I can't really find anything on it online anywhere
the F2 error code ,,F then 2 flashes when in: ➔ Diagnostic Test mode if a stuck key is detected. ➔ Standby mode if there is a user interface mismatch.So that should not effect the unit giving you a UL code.If you can program all the cycles and the options then I would have to assume the F2 is a false code or possibly you had held a key pad to long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, F71....when I turn the agitator by hand, the entire barrel spins like it should
ok the F71 or suds Sd is displayed when the machine/motor control, by analyzing drag on the basket, detects a suds-lock condition, and is steady on while the control then runs a mini cleanout cycle. If the cleanout cycle is unable to correct the over-sudsing problem, the cycle ends and Sd flashes in the display.This may signify:➔ Load is bunched or twisted around agitator.➔ Excessive detergent usage.➔ Basket cannot engage during drain step.➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing basket to engage.So if you have not already done it ,now you need to open the washer cabinet and remove the agitator and the inner basket to make sure you have no item between the inner and outer baskets.