Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our Heier dehumidifier runs constantly. We have a model DE45EK-L

Customer Question

Our Heier dehumidifier runs constantly. We have a model DE45EK-L and have a 900 sq. ft basement. We were told when we bought it that it would take care of the area. It shows the temperature at 69 deg. and the humidity at 72 percent. The humidity is set for 55 percent humidity. The coil and screen are clean.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is running constantly and the humidity is high, the issue is likely a leak in the refrigerant system. This is pretty common when the unit sits for an extended period being unused in an off season. Can you confirm that the compressor is running all the time along with the fan? If so, you have a sealed system issue.