Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

JDB1270AWY Jenn Air dishwasher with touch pad issues. Some

Customer Question

JDB1270AWY Jenn Air dishwasher with touch pad issues. Some lights work, some don't. We have replaced the control panel for the client already but get same results. Could the main control board be the issue?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
The only other possibility that can cause the issue other than the touchpad is the control board. If you replaced the touch control panel and you still have problems, you'll need to replace the control board because that's the only other thing that can possibly cause the issue.
We are on the honor system here.  Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think it's poor contact with the ribbon cable or something a little more complicated that has gone wrong with some of the control board components?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Most likely it's a problem with a poor contact on the ribbon cable, but the ribbon cable comes with the touch control panel so that should be new since you replaced the touch control panel leaving only the control board itself left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what my gut was telling me but just wanted to get a reliable second opinion. Thank you.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck to you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?