Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an over the stove microwave. If you close the door the

Customer Question

I have an over the stove microwave. If you close the door the light is on and it sounds like it is running. The turntable doesn't turn and it is not heating. I pressed clear a couple of times and it does not stop. I can press I and start while its running and the turntable and the heating works. I does not stop when the time runs out. What is wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.This means that either one of your door switches are starting to fail or the display board board is bad and will need to be replaced. You will need to take the microwave apart to access the door switches. Below is a link to a video on how to test the door switches. Access is probably different, but that's not the point. The point is to show you how to test the switches. Either replace the faulty switch, or replace the control board if all the switches check good. CLICK HERE for videoWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?