Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

John - have a kenmore gas dryer that isn't heating properly.

Customer Question

Hi John - have a kenmore gas dryer that isn't heating properly. Vent is clean, cycling and high limit thermostats have continuity. Seems like it works some times and not others
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace. CLICK HERE for gas coils We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?