Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch SHX4AP. The cycle seems to start and in 1 minute

Customer Question

I have a Bosch SHX4AP. The cycle seems to start and in 1 minute or so it is beeping and indicating the cycle has completed. It has run 2 complete cycles since this problem started. No rime or reason as to why it ran the full cycle when it did.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. So when the dishwasher shuts off in less than 1 minute of starting the cycle, it means that the control board is detecting that the drain pump is pulling too much power in the beginning of the cycle so it's just ending the cycle early. You can un-install the dishwasher and remove the drain pump and check for a blockage or debris interfering with the impeller if you have the ability to do so. Otherwise if you find nothing, the drain pump motor itself would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?