Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Oven doesn't work and grill after some heating starts beep

Customer Question

oven doesn't work and grill after some heating starts beeping
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And is the display blank or does it still illuminate? If the display illuminates then is there an error code that appears on the display when it's beeping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l answered these questions. model SVE47600W the display shows F1 when beeping
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hmm for some reason the response never came through but thank you that helps. So F1 means there is a short in the low voltage circuitry of the oven. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. WIth a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your display board. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.