Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kenmore is blinking o f

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore rezeer the light is blinking O F I have tried everything but the compressor isn't on

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
O F on these freezer units means that your freezer thinks you shut the controls off. Generally that isn't the case but just in case that is the problem, press and hold the temp down button for 5 seconds and see if the temperature turns back on. If not, then that entire display board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will need u to walk me through the process so we can troubleshoot to narrow it down or see if it can come on. Am really not happy that it took almost six hrs from y'all end to get a reply

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
There really is no process as I mentioned, all you do is press and hold the temp down button for 5 seconds and see if the temperature turns back on. If not, then that entire display board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did the O F is still blinking

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then the display board will need to be replaced because it has failed unfortunately. You'll need the full model number to look up the correct part number which is located on a sticker on the wall or ceiling inside the freezer somewhere.