Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag Epicz dryer,power comes on but when I press start it

Customer Question

May tag Epicz dryer,power comes on but when I press start it beeps, won't start
I have checked power,fuses, did the 3 second on off test only code to come up said OE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Is the belt on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Belt where?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what fuses you checked since you say "fuses" and there is only one fuse on this dryer so possibly you were talking about the circuit breaker on your house? Either way, I'll start from the beginning. Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.So there are a few things that can cause this issue. The first thing to check is your fuse. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, you can remove the lower front panel by pulling down and forward. Unplug the dryer and look behind the lint filter enclosure to the left. There is a little 1" thin flat white plastic device attached to the top of the blower wheel housing. You will need to order and replace this fuse to correct your problems if the fuse doesn't have continuity.The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No screws visible on lower front panel,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
They are below the lower front panel. You can tip the washer backwards a bit to get a better view. The screws are 1/4" hex nut screws so you can use a nut driver or socket to remove them.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?