Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a Kenmore Elite French Door Bottom Freezer Refridgerator.

Customer Question

We have a Kenmore Elite French Door Bottom Freezer Refridgerator. We had some storm damage to our outside shed which required us to turn the circuit breaker off to the kitchen side of the house, and when we turned everything back on the fridge did not come back on. The outlets work fine, but there is zero power on the fridge. Any tips? Or where is the trip switch?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have power to the outlet the refrigerator is plugged in to and there is no life in the refrigerator, no cabinet lights or display lights, the issue is likely to be in the cord to the appliance. The cabinet lights should work even if the main control is faulty. Do you have a meter to test the power at the outlet? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we did use a meter and and its putting out 121 volts. The model number is *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Do the cabinet lights come on or is it totally dead at the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's totally dead. And the front control panel is digital so we are unable to get any error codes. We were about to confirm that we get a voltage reading from the cord, and power to the large chip board on the back. No reading from the compressor. So either it could be a blown fuse, or we read something about a cold setting? But we did not find those dials in our fridge. Is it newer? Or is it because it's digital? Not able to get someone out to fix it until a week from today!! And that's too long without a fridge especially in AZ and we have kids!!!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If no lights are on inside, there has to be an issue with the power supply. Can you test the power going into the refrigerator at the cord connections?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is power at the cord connection, there is power at the fuse board, there is no power reading on the compressor
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you have verified power, the board will need to be replaced. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand. So even though the board has a meter reading of 121 and the compressor is reading zero, the board needs to be replaced? Isn't there a trip switch or a fuse or something?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, the power goes into the board and it controls all of the outputs. You have power going into the board but nothing out of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah I see!! Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!