Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch 500 NEXXT series dryer. The lint light is on.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch 500 NEXXT series dryer. The lint light is on. I clean the lint filter religiously, and use a brush to get additional lint, etc. out. What can I do about this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That light is illuminated when the exhaust sensor sends a message to the control that it is too hot. So, there are three things that can cause that issue.
1. The vent is blocked (including lint filter/housing), which is not likely if you are cleaning the filter regularly.
2. The sensor is faulty and is sending incorrect resistance readings to the electronic control.
3. The connections between the sensor and the control are poor and creating excess resistance.
4. The electronic control is faulty.
Do you have a meter to test the resistance of that sensor at the control board with instruction?