Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I removed the ice bin from my kenmore elite refrigerator model

Customer Question

I removed the ice bin from my kenmore elite refrigerator model # ***** When it was removed, the place where you would put coupler back on, there is a silver rod that has popped up so the the bin will not fit back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The rod is probably the drive rod that is shown as number 25 in the diagram at the URL below. It couples into the motor (number 22). Is this the piece you are seeing popped up?
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0901016-00005.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It has probably pulled out from the motor. Can you twist it and see if it will set back into the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that. It seems something is blocking it. I turned it many times and if you push down it hits something.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is probably misaligned. The fit is very tight in the motor. There is nothing in between the motor and that rod, so it should have nothing to hit on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So is there anything I can do or do I just need to hire a technician?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, if you cannot get it back seated down into the motor, I would recommend calling for service. To disassemble that door to access the motor is not real easy and requires some electrical and mechanical disassembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you.