Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Whirlpool dryer is not blowing air. Drum is circulating and

Customer Question

Whirlpool dryer is not blowing air. Drum is circulating and there is plenty of heat inside, but I noticed exterior vent flaps are not moving. I cleaned out the vent trap, verified vent hose was clear and also the vent chute. Did not solve the problem. Could it be a seal or is it more likely the fan itself. Unit is over 10 years old, but does not get a lot of use (2nd home). Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool Model: LER4634JQ0
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Here is how to prove if it is really the dryer or the house venting. Pull out the dryer and disconnect the vent. Run the dryer to see if there is air flow there. Most times it will be a blocked vent in the house but if it is the dryer please let me know.
Do you still need help? Have you pulled out the dryer?