Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

In Belize we have a GE two rood Refrigerator with a model

Customer Question

In Belize we have a GE two rood Refrigerator with a model number GLM23REWA GS. I need a new door gasket (eaten by rats!), but I cannot find this model number listed anywhere. Is there an equavalent model number I can use to find the right gasket here in the USA?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?

If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am leaving on Thursday, so I had to go ahead and buy a gasket kit that says it can be used on all GE fridges. On the possibility that this repair is not going to work, I would still really like to know the equivalent US model number - I am sure I am going to need parts again in the future.

By the way, the existing gasket was eaten by rats!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I have the parts list and diagrams for this which shows the door seal

Unfortunately , I think its in Spanish, which I cant read

If that would help, let me know and I can upload it and send you a link to it

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No -I have the manual that came with the unit, but all the parts numbers are different from the US numbers. That's why I am trying to find an equivalent unit, so I can order the parts here before I go to Belize. Nobody in Belize has been able to hlp, since there is no official dealership in the country.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Does the manual have all the parts listed and parts numbers?

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not seeing them. I think there is a separate document with an exploded diagram and the numbers.

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
OK, I have the parts diagrams and the exploded views with part numbers

When I search for the part numbers, they only come up in Mexico

I would say, under these circumstances, the best way is to get the universal fit one that you can cut to size

Sorry I don't believe there is an equivalent US model reference number

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Wow - you would think that the Mexican ones come from exactly the same factory that manufactures the ones sold in the USA!

Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
They will often make models specific to a region. For a fridge, this has more to do with humidity control

Rob