Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

We have a 3000series, model MHWE 300VWII front load washer.

Customer Question

We have a 3000series, model MHWE 300VWII front load washer. We do not use it everyday.we use it probably every other day or evey third day. When we do use it, clean water has accumulated into the bottom of the washer drum about 2". It has become more and morre over about 6 months times so it is not a sudden thing. It is to the point that I feel I need to drain the drum before using it or the wash does not seam fresh. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
This is going to be a leaking inlet valve. This is the part that the inlet hose is attached to.
This is like an electric tap. It should normally be closed and not allow water through. Its only when the machine calls for water, that the valve is opend and water enters the machine.
Just like a tap, the inlet valve can leak, or drip
You will need to replavce the valve.
Its an easy job
Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob