Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

We have a front loading washer (Bosch AxxisPlus, WAS24460UC)

Customer Question

We have a front loading washer (Bosch AxxisPlus, WAS24460UC) that has started to smell horrible, and the plastic sealer on the door has mold. Cleaning it with bleach didn't seem to help. My husband bought a new large gasket through AppliancePartsPro.com and plugged in AxxisPlus. There was only one large gasket (the thing that fits on the door...the large one that tends to get moldy. The gasket does not seem to fit. The new one appears to be too small. We aren't certain how old the machine is, we bought the house two years ago. We believe it is about 5 years old. Any ideas of how to find the actual gasket we need...or is there some trick to getting it to fit?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
I suspect the seal is correct as these are a very tight fit to stop them from leaking
Can you tell me the part number that you ordered at the website and ill be happy to check
If its not the correct one, Ill find it for you
If its correct, Ill give you some tips to fit it
In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned out that the seal wasn't the right size. We got a new one, and my husband was able to fix it. Thank you.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for letting me know
Please dont forget to rate me
Thanks
Rob