Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Just had a tenant move in . When washer first hooked up filled

Customer Question

Just had a tenant move in . When washer first hooked up filled and started cycle. Hot water interrupted and now won't begin fill. Tries to but no water. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
By chance did you hook up stainless steel no burst washer hoses that have a flood safe on them?
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
If you have then I would suggest you turn the water supply off and then remove the side connected to the washer and re install it again. But this time when turning the water back on again to test please turn it back on slowly. If you just fully open the water supply valve too quickly it will think the water is flooding into the hose and will stop the water altogether. It is very common.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
if you ar not using the flood safe houses or even stainless steel fill hoses then we can check the water valve and the rest of the washer as well. Do you have a meter to test with? Some tests will need to be checked with a meter so if you have one let me know and I will tell you what to check next.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
Definitely. Try it out and get back to me here if you have any other questions and I will help you more. Please remember to positively rate my performance below this chat now. And if you have more questions just get back to me here and I will continue helping you for no additional charge.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I'll be here for you at any time and I will help you more. Please let me know how you do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried didn't work. Some water in hose. When tuned back on didn't feel/hear hose inflate. There shouldn't be anything wrong with supply. Stumped.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
He's what I would like for you to check first. We are going to keep it really simple. I apologize in advance. And if I am going over anything that you have tried already please tell me that you tried that and it was good. First turn the water supply off and disconnect it from the back of the washer. Then turn the water on and point it into the washer. if you get a good flow of water coming out please let me know. If not please also let me know. if there is no water then first make sure the water supply is on. If it is not then turn it on and check again. If water is coming out now that may have been the only problem. If still no water then remove the other end of the house and turn water back on and open the valve. If you get water coming out then we know you need to change the hoses. If still no water then the water supply valves are bad and need to be changed. Check that and get back to me here and let me know what you find.