Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

We have just moved into a new house and our LG LD-1204M1

Customer Question

Hi, We have just moved into a new house and our LG LD-1204M1 dishwasher leaked water all over the floor towards the end of the cycle. Investigation revealed that parts of the drain hose had been eaten by some kind of rodent. We purchased a new drain pipe - from LG. After opening the back of the dishwasher and putting it on it's back. We saw what appeared to be a drain hose and inadvertently removed (it came off real easy). After it came out, we noticed that it was not the drain hose that needed replacing (as it was about 8 inches long) and it had been attached to one of two nozzles on a white tank (this tank contained dirty water). Our dilemma is that we are not sure which nozzle to reattach this short pipe to. It appears that one of these nozzles is superfluous as there is no other hose or outlet to attach it to (even though it doesn't make sense that one nozzle would be left open). We have successfully replace the drain hose, but need help with our dilemma.
Many thanks,
Kev
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
It sounds like the part you are talking about is either the water softener or the metering tank
You should find that one of those tubes is blanked off internally.
Carefully insert something like a cotton bud into the hole to see which is blocked.
You need to attach the hose to the one that is not blocked.
If you need more help, please can you send me some pictures?
In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,
Thanks for your response. However, both of these tubess appear not to be blocked off; we were able to insert cotton buds in both.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
OK
In that case can you send me some pictures on here so I know exactly where you mean
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob,Thanks for your response. Please see photos attached the first 4 photos are of the dual nozzles -(we have attached the pipe with the black end to one of them). The last photo 20150705_213202 is where this pipe originates from.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is another photo of the reservoir that the dual nozzles stem from. We would appreciate knowing which nozzle to attach this hose to and what the two pipes are for..Many thanks,
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks
Hi
I have put a call out for the schematics of this machine
While Im waiting Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob