John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

DLE5995W- LG dryer. - read a forum post as to how to replace

Customer Question

DLE5995W- LG dryer. Hello- read a forum post as to how to replace heat regulator. It said to remove the exhaust tube and disconnect from there. Blech. The dryer has stopped heating- how do I know if it is the heat regulator or element? Thank you for your time and knowledge!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
You will need and know how to use a voltmeter to fix this without guessing. Post back if you are so equipped and have the front off the dryer as well as that is easiest for now. Look on youtube for a disassembly video if you need it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will need to look for the voltmeter and have watched the video to remove the dryer front. Do I understand correctly that there is not a time limit (within reason, of course) regarding your assistance? I would also like to send you a pic of what I thought was the temp regulator for the sake of reference- Many thanks!

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Post back when you have it and make sure you know how to use it. I am not always here, so I will reply when I am.