Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am trying to pull out the inner basket of a Maytag Bravos

Customer Question

I am trying to pull out the inner basket of a Maytag Bravos and I am in step 12 of your instructions in your website and the basket does not come right out it slides a little bit and then kind of stops moving up
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason I am trying to remove the inner basket is because I am getting an error code F51 and I am trying to determine if there is nothing stuck underneath the basket that could be causing friction. There is nothing evident on the sides so I believe I need to check on the bottom.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
You should spray some WD-40 on the shaft and pull it up and then bang it back down with your hands then repeat that process until it slides off that is the only way to get them off, it generally takes 8-10 times up and down before coming off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really, it took you guys more than 6 hours to respond!!!... I have already removed the inner basket, cleaned up the shaft, the inner basket bottom and top, also the outer basket and the lint compartment. I have reassembled it all back together and ran all diagnostics. Please make sure that you reimburse my deposit.