John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I got an E58 code on my washer? What does that mean?

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FAFS4272LWO
Thank you the error code of E58 is High current on motor phase.possible causes .1. Find out if the unit was overloaded. If not, remove the belt from the motor and spin the motor pulley. Does the motor spin free?2. Spin the tub pulley. Does the tub spin free?3. Disconnect the plug from the motor and measure the resistance of the windings (pin 1 to pin 2, pin 1 to pin 3, pin 2 to pin 3). All readings should be between 3 and 6 Ohms if the readings are not in spec replace the motor.so was the unit overloaded? if not can you turn the inner drum freely?