Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Frigidaire oven gallery model CFEB 786 JGS 2. Serial # ***** 938

Customer Question

Frigidaire oven gallery model CFEB 786 JGS 2. Serial # ***** 938 11552. The clean cycle has cooled ,10 hours ago, but the fan is still on and oven door locked still. I have turned off the circuit breaker and then turned it on again and it did not fix problem...any ideas? Thx Rob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i don't have a solution yet. After turning on the circuit breaker (after being off for 1/2 hour) the oven door is still locked and the fan is running, even though the clean cycle is long since finished and the oven is cold.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok
This sounds like the door lock has failed in the locked position
Turn off the power
You will need to remove the top part of the casing.
From there you will see the lock which you should then be able to manually open
If the lock tests as open circuit, you will need to replace the lock
If you need more help, let me know
However, in the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why , if it is a lock failure, is the cooling fan still running as well?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
When the door is locked, it brings on the cooling fan to keep the electronics cool, due to the high heat caused in the cleaning process
Rob