MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I just bought a new LG front loading washer and dryer. I had

Customer Question

I just bought a new LG front loading washer and dryer. I had previously owned the Whirlpool Duet front loading washer and dryer. I thought the pedestals would be able to fit the new machines. Is there an adapter kit I can purchase? The price of new pedestals is approximately $500. There is nothing wrong with the ones I have. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
No adapter is made that fits one brand to another. You would have to drill holes as needed and use whatever hardware items are needed in order to secure the appliance to the pedestal just like the matching one would do. This can be done as long as the pedestals are large enough to hold the units, but you must have the aptitude to do it.