Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

My Sub zero model is 680/S and got problem ice maker.

Customer Question

My Sub zero model is 680/S and got problem for my ice maker. I found the motor of ice make is out of order and bought a part from west coast distributor. However, the new motor assembly is different from the original one. The original one got two switches and the new one has only one switch. Can you let me know how to install?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure. I got the assembly with two switches. When I installed it, the electric power seemed got short or something wrong. The breaker got off. I took the motor asembly out and reset the breaker, and then the refrigerator operates normal. Please let me know how to follow up.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I think you may not have the correct part.
I dont see one with only one switch
You should check with the supplier
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the right one with two switches but suffered circuit short problem.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I have put a call out for the schematics of this machine
While Im waiting Ill opt out.
This means that if someone else has this information, they will respond to you directly.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or respond to this question, as this will lock your question
Thanks
Rob