John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Amana frontload dryer and getting the TS code - I rest the code it now appears t

Customer Question

I have an Amana frontload dryer and getting the TS code - I rest the code it now appears to run normally however not heating up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.The Ts error code is a dryer thermistor shorted Check for: - Clogged lint screen. - Restricted vent system. - Check Thermistor resistance.Do you have a volt -ohm meter to test the resistance of the thermistor ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do - all is clear of lint and vent runs straight out the basement. What should I do to test the thermistor? There are two small discs there when I remove the front each with two spade terminals