John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our house was hit by lightning and now have no power to my

Customer Question

our house was hit by lightning and now have no power to my ge proile quiet power 6 dishwasher is there a way to reset it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA My name is***** will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt. Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ? There is no reset on the dishwasher.if you remove the bottom access panel can you test to see if you even have voltage coming to the dishwasher? Did you check the dishwasher circuit breaker also?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I checked the breaker and it is fine. I will have to wait for my husband to use a volt meter to check for voltage. Model number is *****
ok just reply back when you can with the voltage.I suspect you will have voltage to the unit , and that the lightening has damaged the electronic control board , but we need to see if in fact you do have voltage to the unit first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are going to have to drop figuring out the dishwasher. My husband won't be available to help me for a few days and tomorrow is a holiday and then he has a trip.
ok that is up to you you can replay back when you need my assistance !